Thursday, April 19, 2007

Third Time's A Charm!

This is counterintuitive but Lyra has adjusted back to East Coast time BEAUTIFULLY. In fact, she is in much better shape than when we left for our trip. She got two molars, her lower canine and her second upper canine so that all explains her foul mood last Sunday. But ever since then, she *WANTS* to sleep in her crib! To go in there AWAKE! She is our first child who has wanted to do this before age three! This is such a foreign experience....

I actually told Lyra she was going to her crib on Monday as something of a threat because everyone was losing it during the bedtime story and I was about to have a breakdown. She smiled and whimpered a bit. So I took her to her bedroom turned on some 18th century folk music, shut out the light and kissed her night-night. Lyra squawked once and then went to sleep.(!)

On Tuesday night, I put Lyra to bed first and she woke up later when I put Eva to bed. So I got her out of the crib, let her kiss Eva goodnight and then I kissed her and put her back to bed AND SHE WENT! Just curled up in that cute little child's pose and went to sleep! It is good this trend started because last night, Will was up from midnight on because his ear was totally blocked and wouldn't pop. Poor boy, it hurt so bad! But at least he wasn't tag teaming me with Lyra. I am sure there will new and different obstacles later but who cares?

So why the heck am I up now! Nighty-night! :)

No comments: