Saturday, May 26, 2007

Spring Ballet

Eva's spring ballet production was today and what a production it was! She has been in rehearsal all week and the final rehearsal and production took the better part of today. I had this brilliant idea to metro to the theater this morning since it was right across from the station, gas is $3.30/gallon and I feel like I've spent all week in the car. SO, I got us all ready to go, Eva's hair in a beautiful bun and Bill took this cute picture just prior to us setting out on the mile walk to the metro. (You know where this is going, right?)

We get to the metro station, buy fare cards, get up to the train track and hear part of an announcement saying that due to track maintenance, some trains would not be going further than the Pentagon. I went down to ask the guy in the booth if I could get a yellow train downtown or if I needed to jump in a cab. He said cab. HOW IRRITATING. I would have driven if I'd known but there was nothing about this on the metro web site the night before.

So Eva and I took a cab to the theater (so much for saving $$$ and gas). But we got there in time to get a snack and some water before her rehearsal. For someone who says she doesn't like ballet, she was excited all day for the production.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: