Monday, May 31, 2010

La Llopetera 2005 Catalan Pinot Noir Tasting Notes

I have been on a bit of a quest tasting different Pinot Noirs, with a special emphasis on New Zealand. I had never had a Spanish (or more accurately Catalan) Pinot until the Llopetera. It is a great wine, very dense and thick. I like Pinot that not much light passes through, and this qualifies.  This is really good food wine for rustic grilled or roasted meet, especially something a little earthy. I tasted the 2005, but see also the review below from a Spanish website of the 2006. 


Amazing Pinot Noir Catalan, organic wine produced by a family winery founded in 2003.
 It currently has 7 h. of vineyards planted with Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Grenache, Carignan and Chenin Blanc.The Llopetera 2006 shows intense aromas of red fruits with well integrated wood notes. Dominates the fruit in the mouth with mineral nuances. Best served at 15 °, accompanied by grilled meats and vegetables.


Sent from my iPad (as an Apple shareholder I don't mind advertising for them...)

Posted via email from Bill's Photos & Miscellany

No comments: