Tuesday, April 01, 2008

River Trail

This is the 'River Trail' that connects the main part of the Chaa Creek resort to the Macal River Camp where we stayed. The trail hugs a steep limestone hillside overlooking the river, and it rises and falls steeply enough to require a lot of log stairs like those in this picture. It took about 15 minutes to walk from Chaa Creek to the Macal River Camp and I expect the trail must have been about 2/3 of a mile long. The walk was very picturesque - unless you were carrying Lyra, it was raining, or it was after dark. All of which we experienced. Carrying Lyra is particular raised the exercise value of the walk considerably.

Cath: The trail only took 15 minutes to walk if we had all the kids with us. If I walked it by myself or just carrying Lyra, it only took 5. But you all know how I walk! My calves were SCREAMING the first 3 days here! I did not miss my hill running At All.

No comments: