Friday, March 28, 2008

Horses at Chaa Creek



There were 33 horses at Chaa Creek when we arrived and 34 when we left. Very early in the morning (late at night?) on our last day, a foal was born. Cathleen saw it and said it was very cute, but I missed it. Eva loves horses and rode twice. Will has never been a horse fan (big, smelly, scary) but he agreed to try a trail ride and really seemed to enjoy it as well. I rode and after three hours was sneezing from my fur allergy and had flea bites that are still healing. I continue to believe horses are best admired from a safe distance.

Cath: Lyra had an opinion about the horses too. She loved the baby horses and cried because she wasn't going to be allowed to go riding too. But when she actually got to the stable to drop Will and me off, she started screaming "YUCK! Out! YUCK! Out!" She did not calm down until we were outside in the fresh air. It took a lot of convincing to get her back to the stable again so I could hand her off to Bill.

No comments: