Thursday, August 02, 2007

More Stuff

Well, the kids are watching Annie Get Your Gun so I should be able to get through this big blog update. I haven't seen that in a million years so I have to go check it out again. I am sure there is something inappropriate in there that I forgot, that is what always happens. Below are pictures of our new little nephew born just this week and lots of photos from Will's camp experience. He was gone for two weeks and there were some very tearful phone calls in the beginning and one very sad letter but then he had a great time the second week. THANKFULLY! Because it seemed that everyone I met while he was gone the first week told me about their own horrible childhood camp experiences. Not what I wanted to hear.

Well, today is my birthday. Mom got me the best book - How I got to be 40 and Other Atrocities. It sure is an atrocity, isn't it? :) I'd like to say I don't feel 40 but I broke my toe on Monday in a mad scramble to catch Lyra on the stairs. Sooooo, my reflexes are GREAT and I caught her but my foot feels 40.

Bill took Mom and Dad and a small group of good friends to dinner for my birthday and that was so much fun! He also got me a GPS for the car. Many of you may know that I have been missing the compass from the old Subaru because I get turned around downtown all the time and there is nothing in my @#)$(*#()$ van to tell me which direction I'm going. Hey, sometimes it is cloudy or dark and I can't see the sun and THEN what am I supposed to do? But the GPS is going to be great! I just used it to get to Eva's gymnastics party in Arlington, another area where it is easy to get lost. But it was no problem! The funny thing is, the kids read me the riot act when I didn't have it in the car today. I'd taken it out because I didn't need it, we were only going to familiar places. But they like to watch it! It's like TV! I'm sure the novelty will wear off quickly. They used to like the watch the laundry in the front loading washing machine too.

More late on and probably more from Bill too. He is headed back to Australia very soon...

No comments: