Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Family Update

There are enough pictures out here for the time being. Let me tell you what Lyra is doing now. She is very officially a toddler and off to the races! I cannot keep her off the stairs. Having her climb up isn't a problem if I want to go up anyway, it's when she decides to go on her own. She has a new word, at least I think she does. She loves her bath and so she is trying to say it. She sounds like a little lamb....Baaaaa!

I cannot figure out what to feed her. Unfortunately, as the youngest of three, Lyra has been exposed to yummy things like custard, whipped cream and Fig Newtons much earlier than the others. She seems to have the carb obsession that Eva does. Last night, I made a delicious yogurt curry chicken dish with rice and asparagus. Lyra did eat it (which is more than I can say for the other kids). But what she really liked was when I put a bit of cream of coconut milk over some leftover rice for dessert! KC ate up every bit that she dropped. Apparently I have a Thai cat! He is so funny, just like a dog cleaning up after Lyra's meals.

Will missed two days of school this week with strep throat. His throat looked like a raw steak! He is doing much better now and excited to go back to school. Beauvoir is wrapping up its Global Studies unit and in the process of turning the school into a museum. Museum night is next Friday and we are all excited! This is one of my favorite things that Beauvoir does. The children have prepared exhibits about all aspects of the country their class is studying. They take the other students on tours so they can learn about the rest of the continent. Then, they become docents for their parents on Museum Night! And then spring break begins. What a nice way to finish up!

No comments: