Friday, January 19, 2007

This counter has our new kitchen sink in it. The sink caused a bit of a scare.

I ran by the house this morning to check on the kitty cats (Noelle and KC are having kitty-cat-camp in our bedroom while the floors are being refinished downstairs) and the countertop was just being delivered. The sink looked ENORMOUS, so enormous that we thought it couldn't possibly be right. The sink matched the drawings but it didn't look like it would fit centered over the cabinet below. However, our granite already had a hole in it to center the sink over the cabinet. I went upstairs to see the cats to relieve some stress (mine and theirs!).

When I came back downstairs, disaster was averted because the granite guys said they could cut some of the flange off the sink so it would fit in the countertop centered over the cabinet. PHEW! I wonder how many times there have been problems like that I don't even know about! I don't know. And I don't WANNA KNOW. All I can say is that we are very excited to use this kitchen!

No comments: