Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Much Needed Update!

I am behind! Two weeks ago, Lyra figure out how to put herself in a sitting position from lying down. Those of you who've had babies before know that this is HUGE. Now she doesn't lie there and scream because she wants to be sitting up but needs help to get there. She has been on the verge of crawling for several weeks.

Yesterday, she creeped forward two steps! She hasn't totally taken off yet but I expect that will happen any day now. The cats seem to be a big motivator for her to move forward. For some reason, they haven't figured out that it probably isn't a good idea to take a cat nap *right* beside Lyra. She is fascinated by KC's flicking tail. The other night, Bill let her catch KC's tail (eek!)and pull him across the floor. I cannot believe that KC stood for that.

The other new development from a couple of weeks ago is that the tooth fairy visited Eva for the first time AND the second time! In our home, the tooth fairy brings a Sacagawea dollar in exchange for the lost tooth. Eva was SO excited. In fact, she was so excited in anticipation of the tooth fairy's visit that she had Will pull her teeth out for her. They used the old string on the doorknob trick. Made me sick to my stomach and I had to leave the area immediately after helping secure the dental floss lasso onto Eva's tooth. She said it didn't hurt to have it pulled out this way. I'd've put a picture of Eva out here but my camera came to a bad end about three weeks ago and it took awhile to replace it.

No comments: